I would like to learn Dutch
50% AUTUMN SALE NOW ON
Linguaphone Dutch Complete is a suitable course for anyone who wants to learn Dutch for the purpose of real-life communication, whatever their special interests may be. Don’t worry if you haven’t been studying for some time. It’s very easy to follow and geared to help you progress rapidly. There’s no pressure here. You’ll learn at your own pace and in your own time. English instructions are provided throughout the course so it's a bit like having your own personal tutor helping you to learn Dutch at home.
- 8 audio language CDs containing sounds section , lessons, spoken exercises and lots of supplementary material
- A 318 page handbook which provides step-by step lesson plans, full grammatical explanations and fun activities.
- A 320 page textbook – contains the printed and illustrated transcription of the CD Recordings.
- A 176 page Supplementary Exercises guide which ensures you are able to test your progress throughout the course.
- A Study guide - contains full instructions of how to plan your study to get the most out of your course.
The course is divided into separate levels. There is a revision scheme and regular self assesment tests to ensure you retain the new language as you progress through the course. After only a couple of weeks you'll be surprised at just how much you've learnt. Although it's possible to complete the course within 12 weeks, with Linguaphone you can study in your own time and at your own pace.
It’s an enjoyable, yet highly effective way of learning Dutch.
Money Back Guarantee
For your complete peace of mind, Linguaphone offers a 21 day money back guarantee on all CD courses. So, in the unlikely event that you are not happy with your course after 21 days, you can return it to us.
The Linguaphone method is based on two simple principles:
- You learn faster when you enjoy what you are doing.
- You make progress if the sort of language you learn is useful and presented in a believable, familiar context.
Speaking Dutch is an active skill - something you learn by doing, not just studying. This is the practical approach taken by Linguaphone to language learning. You will start to speak Dutch during the very first lesson. The course begins simply, building your confidence session by session. Soon after, longer sentences are introduced to enable the expression of more detailed and complex thoughts. But the course always concentrates on useful, authentic everyday words and situations. The result is that, after completing a Linguaphone Complete Dutch course, you will have a thorough understanding of the Dutch language and be able to converse with and understand real people speaking the language.
The study sequence, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND and SPEAK, used in Linguaphone courses is fundamental to the Linguaphone method of learning.
Listening to native Dutch speakers is the most relaxing and involved way to learn, helping you associate the sounds you hear with the words and sentences you read. The native Dutch speakers in this course begin by speaking slowly (but without distorting the intonation of the language) and, as the course progresses, speak at normal speed.
By listening and reading the language, you begin to discover what each word means. Everyday objects have exciting new names. Gradually words, then phrases, become clear and your reading, writing and speaking of the Dutch language will improve.
Many people find that speaking their new language is the hardest part. But Linguaphone's method makes sure that you start speaking Dutch from the very first lesson with the correct pronunciation. Imitating the voices of the native Dutch speakers on the course will help you get used to the intonation and accent. Later on in the course, you will have the opportunity to take part in conversations. Each lesson introduces new themes featuring useful Dutch words and phrases thus developing your conversational skills and confidence.
This Dutch language course is suitable for beginners as no previous knowledge of the Dutch language is necessary. It’s also a popular choice for students who may have learned some Dutch in the past and want to refresh and improve.
The course covers Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels in the Dutch language . It’s important to remember that a Linguaphone Dutch course does not simply teach you handy words and phrases. The course is designed to teach you how the language works and how to use it effectively in all real life situations. So whether it’s for work or pleasure, Linguaphone will give you the confidence to speak Dutch freely and with flair.
As you encounter new vocabulary (more than 2,000 words) you will also be taught structures that will allow you to understand and be understood in many other situations. You'll be speaking Dutch in no time. For example
- Expressing your opinion e.g. Talking about yourself / making light conversation / socialising / business
- Dealing with hospitality e.g. Hotels, restaurants, bars etc.
- Travel and transport e.g. directions, public transport, car hire, etc
- Out and about – e.g. shopping, post office, bank and local authorities
- Emergencies – e.g. doctor, dentist, hospital, police etc.
+ many more practical topics and everyday situations
A word of advice in choosing any language course; don’t worry too much about just learning vocabulary and phrases, if that’s all you want, just buy a phrasebook. If you really want to know how to speak Dutch, how to freely express your thoughts and feelings, how to comfortably understand native Dutch speakers and how to call yourself a Dutch Speaker – then choose Linguaphone. It’s like having your own private tutor, at home.
Call us on UK: 020 3603 6554, ROI :01 9022240 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that buying a Linguaphone Dutch Complete course is an investment. For your complete peace of mind, Linguaphone offers a 21 day money back guarantee. This Guarantee allows you to order the course and trial it for 21 days. It allows you to start studying your language and gives you enough time to try out the course and decide whether it is for you. In the unlikely event that you are not happy with your course or find it to be unsuitable you can return it to us. You don’t even need to give a reason. All we ask is that you return it to us in good condition.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee is another reason why we have over 7 million satisfied customers worldwide. Linguaphone has an unrivalled reputation for producing only the highest quality language courses and offering industry leading standards of customer service.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- perfect combination
- I use several language learning methods, but Linguaphone is one of my favorites. It is a perfect combination of interesting and relevant material, as well as incorporating important grammar and cultural tips. I especially like the fact that the... Read Moreontent is serious, and not childishly superficial like many courses are. I also like that the objectives of each lesson are explicitly described.
- Good course.
- I found this to be quite a tough course. I've had other linguaphone courses ( French, Swedish which were brilliant) but this one challenged me. Getting there. Bit by Bit.
- Very detailed. Probably more than I needed right now but I I'll cover the advanced levels in future. Good system and fairly easy to follow
- NIce course. I liked it. Lots in it