I would like to learn Portuguese
Worldwide delivery available
Linguaphone Portuguese Complete is a suitable course for anyone who wants to learn Portuguese for the purpose of real-life communication, whatever their special interests may be. Don’t worry if you haven’t been studying for some time. It’s very easy to follow and geared to help you progress rapidly. There’s no pressure here. You’ll learn at your own pace and in your own time. English instructions are provided throughout the course so it's a bit like having your own personal tutor.
The course is divided into separate levels. There is a revision scheme and regular self assessment tests to ensure you retain the new language as you progress through the course. After only a couple of weeks you'll be surprised at just how much you've learnt. Although it's possible to complete the course within 12 weeks, with Linguaphone you can study in your own time and at your own pace. It’s an enjoyable, yet highly effective way of learning Portuguese. There are two editions to choose from:
1. Download (Digital) Edition (for PC, tablet and Smart Phone)
1.5GB download file. Perfect for users who want the flexibility of learning Portuguese on their computer or mobile devices. Your user licence enables you to use the course on up to 4 separate devices of your choice. On any of your devices you can choose to download the course or log-in and access the course online. The course will automatically fit the size of your screen, whatever device you are using. Suitable for all PC’s, Tablets and Smart phones. Your secure course log-in and password will be sent shortly after you complete your purchase.
2. Print Edition (CD and course books)
- Includes 8 audio language CDs and Online Access for Smartphone, Tablet and PC. Includes sounds section , lessons, spoken exercises and lots of supplementary material. The course audio content can be accessed online anywhere in the world.
- Study Guide - Booklet providing detailed instructions and advice
- Textbook - Illustrated text of audio for all the lessons, the sounds section, all the written exercises and some spoken exercises
- Handbook - Your Tutor and guide: contains translation , vocabulary , grammar and breakdown of the structures introduced in each lesson
The Linguaphone method is based on two simple principles:
- You learn faster when you enjoy what you are doing.
- You make progress if the sort of language you learn is useful and presented in a believable, familiar context.
Speaking Portuguese is an active skill - something you learn by doing, not just studying. This is the practical approach taken by Linguaphone to language learning. You will start to speak Portuguese during the very first lesson. The course begins simply, building your confidence session by session. Soon after, longer sentences are introduced to enable the expression of more detailed and complex thoughts. But the course always concentrates on useful, authentic everyday words and situations. The result is that, after completing a Linguaphone Complete Portuguese course, you will have a thorough understanding of the Portuguese language and be able to converse with and understand real people speaking the language.
The study sequence, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND and SPEAK, used in Linguaphone courses is fundamental to the Linguaphone method of learning.
Listening to native Portuguese speakers is the most relaxing and involved way to learn, helping you associate the sounds you hear with the words and sentences you read. The native Portuguese speakers in this course begin by speaking slowly (but without distorting the intonation of the language) and, as the course progresses, speak at normal speed.
By listening and reading the language, you begin to discover what each word means. Everyday objects have exciting new names. Gradually words, then phrases, become clear and your reading, writing and speaking of the Portuguese language will improve.
Many people find that speaking their new language is the hardest part. But Linguaphone's method makes sure that you start speaking Portuguese from the very first lesson with the correct pronunciation. Imitating the voices of the native Portuguese speakers on the course will help you get used to the intonation and accent. Later on in the course, you will have the opportunity to take part in conversations. Each lesson introduces new themes featuring useful Portuguese words and phrases thus developing your conversational skills and confidence.
This Portuguese language course is suitable for beginners as no previous knowledge of the Portuguese language is necessary. It’s also a popular choice for those who may have learned some Portuguese in the past and want to refresh and improve.
The course covers Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels in the Portuguese language . It’s important to remember that a Linguaphone Portuguese course does not simply teach you handy words and phrases. The course is designed to teach you how the language works and how to use it effectively in any real life situation. So whether it’s for work or pleasure, Linguaphone will give you the confidence to speak Portuguese freely and with flair.
As you encounter new vocabulary (more than 2,000 words) you will also be taught structures that will allow you to understand and be understood. You'll be speaking Portuguese in no time. For example
- Expressing your opinion e.g. Talking about yourself / making light conversation / socialising / business scenarios
- Dealing with hospitality e.g. Hotels, restaurants, bars etc
- Travel and transport e.g. directions, public transport, car hire, etc
- Out and about – e.g. shopping, post office, bank and local authorities
- Emergencies – e.g. doctor, dentist, hospital, police etc.
+ many more practical topics and everyday situations
A word of advice in choosing any language course; don’t worry too much about just learning vocabulary and phrases, if that’s all you want, just buy a phrasebook. If you really want to know how to speak Portuguese, how to freely express your thoughts and feelings, how to comfortably understand native Portuguese speakers and how to call yourself a Portuguese Speaker – then choose Linguaphone. It’s like having your own private tutor, at home.
Talk to one of our language experts on UK: 020 3603 6554, ROI: 01 9022240 or e-mail your questions to email@example.com
We understand that buying a Linguaphone Portuguese Complete course is an investment. For your complete peace of mind, Linguaphone offers a 21 day money back guarantee. This Guarantee allows you to order the course and trial it for 21 days. It allows you to start studying your language and gives you enough time to try out the course and decide whether it is for you. In the unlikely event that you are not happy with your course or find it to be unsuitable you can return it to us. You don’t even need to give a reason. All we ask is that you return it to us in good condition.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee is another reason why we have over 7 million satisfied customers worldwide. Linguaphone has an unrivalled reputation for producing only the highest quality language courses and offering industry leading standards of customer service.
Money Back Guarantee
For your complete peace of mind, Linguaphone offers a 21 day money back guarantee on all CD and Digital courses. So, in the unlikely event that you are not happy with your course after 21 days, you can return it to us.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Goes on forever
- I was a bit daunted when I saw the size of this course download. Being only a beginner I wanted to get the basics and take it from there. This Linguaphone course goes on forever but I suppose it will get me to a decent standard after time. If I live... Read Morethat long!
- much prefer this system
- just gothe digital edition. really impressed. it's got everything. I really like the way the beginner level is introduced . I had tried a portuguese group class which was quite good but i much prefer this self-taught system. I can work at my own... Read Moreate and get studying any time. Hope to be fluent in 1 year. Thanks Linguaphone!
- I trust Linguaphone
- I already learned quite some Portuguese from an older Linguaphone course, which a friend was kind to lend me. I improved my ability by the help of that course. Eventually, I decided to get my own Linguaphone course, in a new and advanced version,... Read Moreon, helping me to become fluent in Portuguese. I do not doubt that I will reach that level because I have my Linguaphone.